We are doing a series on “chicken questions” – things that some readers wanted to know! Although we are in no way chicken experts, quite the contrary, we are learning as we go! These questions are helping us also.
Here is a list of the questions we have been asked so far…we will be answering the first one on “Fun Fact Friday”! Each Friday during our series we will learn some fun facts – the first series will be facts about chickens with these questions from our readers !
- How did you decide how many chickens you need? I mean how many would fit?
- Are there regulations in your area for how many you can own in proportion to the size of the property you own?
- Do you ever sell chicks or eggs? Is that regulated at all?
- Are there any common chicken practices that you believe to be harmful or just less-than-ideal? Certain coop setups, feed, nesting materials, etc.
- What would be your number one tip for new chicken owners?
So stay tuned for this Friday when we tackle the first question…how we determined the number of chickens we thought was appropriate for our little urban homestead!
See you Friday!